What is laser circumcision?
Circumcision is a procedure whose objective is to remove the foreskin of the virile member that is attached to the glans penis.
Circumcision can be done for medical reasons, for example:
- Phimosis: the foreskin is too tight and it is difficult to retract it from the head of the penis.
- Xerotic balanitis obliterans: Repeated infections under the foreskin. It causes consequent scarring of the foreskin and discomfort during urination.
- Short frenulum: The frenulum is a small fold of skin that joins the glans (head of the penis) with the foreskin in its ventral part (under the penis).
– When it is too short, it causes pain and burning at the tip of the penis (glans) due to injuries that occur during sexual intercourse.
– Lack of hygiene causes repeated irritation and infections of the head of the penis (balanitis) and may increase the risk of developing penile cancer.
Circumcision may also be performed for aesthetic, religious or social reasons.
What is the procedure?
Currently, the Co2 laser allows it to be a painless procedure, without stitches, without scalpel, with an immediate recovery and is performed in 50 minutes.
- Risk of penile cancer.
- Reduces the risk of contracting STDs (sexually transmitted diseases), such as HPV (Human Papilloma Virus), herpes, syphilis, HIV, among others.
- Eliminates balanitis